Yes, we realize the two most obvious items about our program (a) all boys, no girls, and (b) about the government don’t make it sound like the best way to spend a week of your summer, but it’s a great conference. We’re certain you’ll have fun, we’re certain you’ll make new friends, and we’re certain it’s an opportunity you don’t want to miss.
- Dates: The 2018 Program will be June 17 to 23, 2018.
- Location: The program takes place on the University of Nevada, Reno campus.
- Travel: Transportation via charter buses is provided from Southern Nevada.
- Application Deadline: Applications are due by March 31. Applicants are accepted on a rolling basis, so you are encouraged to apply early.
- Cost: The only program cost is a $60 supply fee. (Need based waivers/grants are available.)
A Typical Day
Although there is no typical day at Nevada Boys’ State the following outline provides a general overview. Each day is unique and varies with elections, group activities, athletics, etc.
- The day begins at 8:30am with breakfast at the UNR dining hall
- General Session with motivational speaker, political figure or program explanation. All speaking presentations are designed to be engaging and include Q&A.
- Lunch at the UNR dining hall
- Afternoon session or group activity including political party caucuses, committee meeting, team building, etc.
- Athletics with three games in your NBS Team including volleyball, football, soccer and/or ultimate Frisbee.
- Dinner at the UNR dining hall
- Evening activity
- Evening team building