Congratulations and welcome to Nevada Boys State! This page will provide all of the necessary information for the upcoming session. If you have questions or need additional assistance, you can email the staff at info@NevadaBoysState.org.
Before the Program Begins:
- Follow our social media to ensure you are up to date:
- Facebook: facebook.com/nvboysstate
- Twitter: @nvboysstate
- Print, sign and fax/email the Medical and Publicity Release.
- Pay the $60.00 nonrefundable supply fee.
- Draft and submit a bill. You can view the online legislature which provides detailed instructions and a list of legislation that has been submitted, or go directly to the legislation submission page.
- Optional: Complete the Samsung Scholarship, only available to Boys’ State and Girls’ state attendees. Learn more or review the FAQ.
- Attend a delegate orientation.
- Optional: Consider earning college credit for attending Nevada Boys State (fees apply). Please note, this program is not affiliated with Nevada Boys State.
- Review the Delegate Manual (PDF).
- Review the Packing List.
Check-In and Check-Out Information:
- Check-In is between 9:15am and 9:55am on Sunday, June 17, 2018. Delegates should arrive at Nye Hall on the University of Nevada, Reno Campus (See Map).
- Check-Out will begin at approximately 11:00 am on Saturday, June 23, 2018.
Southern Flight Information:
- Flight Options – Information will be available once Southwest announces flights.
- Nevada Boys’ State encourages delegates who live in Las Vegas to fly to and from the program. (NBS charters two buses for southern delegates. Bus transportation is provided free of charge. Students electing to fly must purchase their own flights.)
- If you choose to fly to and from the program, and will not be arrive from or departing to Las Vegas, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may choose any flight by any airline so long as the scheduled arrival is before 9:00 AM on Sunday and the scheduled departure for Las Vegas is after 2:00 PM on Saturday. We cannot accommodate exceptions to these arrival/departure times and do not allow delegates to attend the program that deviate from these arrival and departure times.
- Please forward a copy of your itinerary to info@NevadaBoysState.org. The NBS staff will provide transportation to and from the airport. This will also allow the NBS staff to ensure your boarding pass is printed for your return flight. (We’ll do our best to check you in exactly 24-hours before the flight so you have an A Boarding Pass.)
Southern Transportation Information:
- The Southern Nevada Buses will depart at 11:55 pm SHARP on Saturday, June 16, 2018. The buses will depart from:
American Legion Post 8
733 Veterans Memorial Dr.
Las Vegas, NV 89101 (View Map).
Delegates should arrive at 11:30pm on Saturday, June 16, 2018 to check-in and load luggage.
- The buses will depart Reno at approximately 11am on Saturday, June 23, 2018 and are expected to arrive back at Post 8 at approximately 7:00 pm.
- Unfortunately the NBS program is unable to provide transportation from Ely or Elko. For assistance in arranging a car-pool, please contact info@NevadaBoysState.org.
Nevada Boys State was an amazing experience where I made new, diverse, lifelong friends. I wish more programs were as awesome as NBS. My personal favorite part was passing legislation in the actual House of Representatives! So cool!
Trevor GoldsmithWest Career & Technical Academy, 2016