Recommended Packing List
The following is a recommended list and can be adjusted according to your individual needs. Remember the Boys' State program last seven days. It is recommended you mark your name on your items.
Clothes, Toiletries, etc:
- The program last for seven days.
- It is recommended you mark your name on your items.
- It is recommended you pack your items in a single bag or suitcase that you can easily carry
Carson City Day:
Carson City Day is an exciting culmination of the week and delegates should dress for the occasion. The dress for Carson City Day is business attire.
- A Nevada Boys' State Shirt will be provided. (You will wear this shirt for the majority of the week. City staff will wash these shirts.)
- Pants or Jeans
- Shirts for athletics and to wear under your Boys' State shirt
- Athletic clothes, shoes (no cleats) and hat (only to be worn during daily athletics)
- Light sweatshirt or jacket (evenings can be cool)
- Pajamas/Sleeping attire
- Shaving and toiletry articles (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, deodorant, etc.)
- Face and bath towels
- Water bottle (for athletics)
- Suit or sports coat/blazer with dress pants
- Collared shirt
- Tie, belt, dress shoes, appropriate socks
- Option 1: Pillow with pillowcase, two sheets, and a blanket
- Option 2: Pillow with pillowcase, and a sleeping bag
- Key chain for dorm key (required)
- Pen/pencil, paper and a 3-ring notebook
- Six standard letter postage stamps or $3.00
- Encouraged to bring a laptop and camera, but NBS assumes no responsible for damaged, lost or stolen items
- To meet university guidelines, we require a $60.00 refundable key deposit. Please bring a $60.00 check made payable to the American Legion Nevada Boys' State or exactly $60 in cash(please no $100 bills). Your deposit will be returned when you return the key at departure. If you loose your key you will be charged a $60.00 fee to re-key the locks.
- A $20.00 University Parking Fee is required if you drive your own car.
- Spending money for snacks, souvenirs, etc. ($25.00 to $50.00 is recommended).
**NBS does not assume responsibility for lost, damaged or stolen items.